sábado, 19 de dezembro de 2015

The VBA Modules Workbook - what a deal!

Today I decided that I want to share all the general purpose modules I have created so far all at once. And to simplify even more, I decided to share a workbook  that has all the modules.

Here is the link to download the workbook:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pxxwgap8hl7m9xw/VBA_MODULES_43.xlsm?raw=1

I suggest you to download it, and check the module's lines of code. Most of them have comments (I intend to comment all the code in the following versions, but since this might take some time, I would rather share everything now).

What can be done with those modules one might ask:

1. Perform queries and commands in SQL DBMS such as SQL Server, Oracle Sever, MySQL, Sharepoint 2013 and Access using very few lines of code and with standardized input and output of data)

2. Send outlook e-mails as easily as it can be.

3. Handle 2-dimensional arrays in a very robust manner (something that VBA is poor at doing - Read the post "Explaining VBA Arrays (and its issues)" to see why).

4. Handling files more easily (opening, reading, writing etc.)

5. Generating log as easily as it can be done in VBA.

6. Handling data from the web and so on.

Although these modules are not something that will cause any revolution in the programmer's life, I'm sure it has many useful things for the daily activities since it simplifies basic stuff such as connecting to databases and handling arrays.

I intend to explain each module in detail in other posts. Until then, please be free to use everything.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário